Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 95: Rugbaí (UCD vs Trinity)

I finally completed another goal while studying abroad in Ireland... I made it to a rugby match! I went and saw UCD play Trinity in the Annual Colours Rugby game. It was held on UCD campus and as a student I was able to watch the game for free. I ended up sitting with one of my roommates and some other people I met earlier in the semester.

lining up at the beginning of the match

Before the game started, I did not know much of the rules and how the game was really played, so it was a learning experience throughout the night. I am happy to say though that by the end of the match I knew most of the rules.

rugby scrum between the two teams (UCD in blue; Trinity in white)

I had a lot of fun watching the games and the intensity of the players. The game was very close the whole time through. UCD eventually won with the winning "try"(similar to touchdown in football)  at two minutes left.

final score, UCD wins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment